Before and After School Care - TBC
Subject to change
Sunrise club offers parents/carers a safe environment for their children before the school day. The Club adheres to the strict requirements of OFSTED and is inspected by them as part of the School inspection. The children are provided with a healthy breakfast and a range of suitable activities including craft activities, team games, board games, ball games, gluing/collage, drawing etc. Weather permitting the children will also have the opportunity to use the outdoor play facilities.
Sunrise Club – (term time) Monday to Friday; 7:45 am to 8:45 am.
The children are delivered to their classrooms at 8:45 am.
Sunset Club - (term time) Monday to Friday 3:15pm - 5:30pm
Our Aims Our aim is to provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children, meeting the needs of their working parents/carers.
Staffing The club is led by a qualified member of staff (minimum NVQ Level 3/NNEB/DCE) with 2 assistants at each session dependent on numbers of children attending. Out of School Club workers are offered training in First Aid, Basic Hygiene, Child protection and other relevant courses.
Sunrise Club Forms
Sunset Club Forms
All Bookings to be made on MCAS
Here is a link to the parent information on how to use MCAS
Sunrise and Sunset club policy
Sunrise and Sunset Club
Policy notes: (Sunset) and Breakfast Club Policy (Sunrise)
Updated: October 2022
Purpose of the policy
- To describe how the school delivers a breakfast club and after-school club service which is affordable, sustainable and of quality.
Our aim is to provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children, meeting the needs of their working parents/carers.
Through our Breakfast Club and After-School Club we intend to:
- Provide opportunities for fun, enjoyment and learning through a range of activities.
- Encourage children to develop friendships between age groups and work together cooperatively.
- Ensure each child feels happy, safe and secure, allowing them to learn and develop freely in a play centred environment.
- Encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and their actions.
- Encourage children to develop positive attitudes and respect for themselves and others, in an environment free from bullying and discrimination.
Sunrise Club (term time) Monday to Friday
7:45 am to 8:45 am.
The children are accompanied to their classrooms at 8:45 am.
Please note: breakfast is only served until 8.15am this is to ensure we have plenty of time to clean before the school day begins.
Sunset Club (term time) Monday to Friday
3:15pm-4.30pm or 3.15pm-5.30pm
(Please note closure times during Covid19 may change and the Clubs may not be operational. Thank you for your support.)
The club is led by a qualified member of staff (minimum NVQ Level 3/NNEB/DCE) with 1 or 2 assistants (at least one qualified to Level 2) at each session dependent on numbers of children attending. Out of School Club workers are offered training in First Aid, Basic Hygiene, Child protection and other relevant courses.
Sunrise Club (7.45am-8.45am)
£4.50 per child, per session
We offer two sessions
3:15-4:30 £4.50 per child, per session
3:15-5.30 £6.50 per child, per session
Admission, booking procedures and payment of fees
- Registration forms are available from the school office or they can be downloaded from our website. These must be completed prior to a child starting at the club.
- Bookings must be made via the MCAS app or emailed (if there are issues with the app) to firstname.lastname@example.org – if you do not hear anything, please assume your child is booked in.
- Places are allocated on a first come first served basis and are based on availability of staff to child ratio.
- The club is open to all children enrolled from EYFS to Year 6.
- Bookings for the new terms will be live on MCAS on the last day of term.
- Sessions are to be paid for no later than the end of each term.
- If a booking needs to be cancelled or changed, a minimum of 48 hours’ notice must be given, or fees will still be payable.
- One-off late requests need to be confirmed with school via telephone or email. If a place is available for your child the fees will be added to your MCAS app.
- If a parent is having trouble with payment of their fees, they should contact a member of the leadership team as soon as possible.
- In the unlikely event that there is debt against an account, the place will be cancelled until all fees have been paid. The place may be reinstated once all outstanding debts have been cleared, in agreement with the Headteacher, and subject to availability.
- Some concessions may be available. Please arrange a meeting if you would like to discuss this.
Absence and refunds
- If your child has been booked into Breakfast Club or After School Club in advance and they are absent from school, the fees are still payable unless 48hours notice is given.
- There will be no charge if the child misses a session due to a school educational or residential trip.
- Refunds will be added onto your MCAS balance.
- Breakfast Club and After School Club is usually based in a classroom near the Warren, with use of the outdoor areas.
- If Breakfast club and After School Club is being based in a different location, such as during parent evenings, signs will be displayed and a jotter will be sent out informing parents of where to collect their children.
Late collection from After School Club
- If your child is booked into the 4.30pm session and you are running late – you do not need to make us aware of this, we will move your child onto the 5.30pm session.
- If you think you’re going to be later than 5.30pm please try and let us know by email/phone call.
- If a child has not been collected by the end of the session, parents will be contacted in the first instance by telephone. The additional contacts parents have provided will be telephoned in the second instance. If these contacts are unavailable after approximately 30 minutes, the police and Social Care will be informed.
- If a child is picked up late a charge of £3 will be made for every 15 minutes beyond the collection time. This will commence from the third time the child is collected late.
- Children will be provided with a healthy snack shortly after they arrive in the afterschool club room.
- Fresh drinking water is available to the children at all times.
- A range of activities are planned each session for the children. These may include role-play, messy play, reading, technology, learning & discovery, outdoor activities, movies, creative activities as well as the opportunity to complete homework.
- The ages of the children are considered when planning activities to ensure they are appropriate.
- All staff will adhere to the Staff Code of Conduct and all school policies.
- The maximum number of children will not exceed ratios outlined for the children’s ages.
- All After School club staff are DBS checked and must attend Child Protection induction and/or training. All staff must be familiar with the Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and related documents and be clear about how to deal with safeguarding concerns.
- Staffing arrangements are considered to meet the needs of children who have special needs
Our staff child ratio is 30 pupils’ maximum to 2 staff members
In addition to Breakfast club staff, other school staff members are on site from 7:45am at the latest onwards and after school.
Staff levels may fluctuate to meet current needs.